Is Vietnam transit visa compulsory?
Besides the nationalities listed in the Vietnam visa exemption list, there are 2 cases to answer the above question.
You stop over in Vietnam in less than 6 hours. While waiting for a connecting flight to the next destination, you don’t go out of the transit area in the airport or seaport then, a transit visa is not necessary.
However, if you desire to take a short visit to the mainland during the wait, a transit visa with respective transit duration is a must.
Documents need to be prepared to transit in Vietnam
If your flight route stops over in Vietnam, you have to own these documents:
- A passport which is valid in at least 6 coming months
- A ticket to the next destination
- If the traveler’s nationality is not in the visa exemption list of the next arrival country, an entry visa is compulsory
Steps to get a transit visa in Vietnam
In case you need a transit visa, a single entry visa on arrival is the most suitable for foreign travelers. You are allowed to enter one time in 30 days with this visa type. Below is how you proceed:
- Complete the online visa form
- Pay visa fee via PayPal/ Mastercard/ Visa card
- Print out the approval letter which sent by email after 2 working days since your application
- Bring the letter to the arrival airport in Vietnam and pay stamping fee to get a visa stamp