Vietnam exempts visas for Italian citizens when entering Vietnam with a temporary stay not exceeding 15 days. The duration of temporary residence does not exceed 15 days from the date of entry, regardless of passport type and purpose of entry, and based on meeting all the conditions prescribed by Vietnamese law.
Conditions for visa exemption
- The period of residence in Vietnam does not exceed 15 days from the date of entry;
- Passport valid for at least 06 months
- The time of the second entry is at least 30 days after the previous exit from Vietnam under the visa exemption.
- Foreigners are required to produce documents proving that they fully meet the above conditions, such as passports or round-trip air tickets. If these conditions are not met, a visa is required to enter Vietnam.
Application for visa exemption
- 01 application form for a visa exemption certificate (Form NA9) with 2 photos
- Original passport (with 01 copy)
- A certified copy or a copy enclosed with the original to compare of the papers proving that the applicant is Vietnamese residing abroad including Birth certificate or other papers with Vietnamese nationality or valid proof of previous Vietnamese nationality;
- For Italians being spouses, children of Vietnamese residing abroad or of Vietnamese citizens, a certified copy or a copy enclosed with the originals for the collation of proofs (marriage certificate, birth certificate, parent and child certification, adoption decision or other documents);
- Visa exemption fee;
- 01 envelope with postage stamp and address of the recipient if you want to receive the results by mail.
The competent authority shall issue a visa exemption certificate within 07 working days from the date of receipt of a valid application.
More about Vietnam visa