To enter Vietnam legally for business or trade matters, you may need a visa. Let’s see how it is different from other visa types and how to acquire a business visa.
Characteristics of business visa
Vietnam business visa is classified into 3 types including DN, LV and DT (commonly called B3 and B4 visa). It is granted to visitors going to Vietnam to work or resolve business-related issues. Working visa allows single or multiple entries, and its validity lasts up to 12 months.
Necessary documents for working visa application
- Original valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months
- Working visa application form (it can be downloaded from Vietnam Embassies’ websites or provided at their offices)
- A recent passport photo inserted or stuck on the above form
- An invitation letter from a partner/ sponsor company in Vietnam. You have to ensure that those details in your passport and letter must be coincident: full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number.
- Visa fee: this fee depends on nationality and times of entry. You can go to the respective Embassy’s website for more details.
Ways to get Vietnam working visa
There is one common way to obtain a Vietnam working visa:
Applicants are required to get a visa prior to departure by submitting application at Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in their country. All the above documents should be prepared to ensure approval and visa issuance.
General Vietnam visa infomation: Visa and immigration policy